[luau] Be on the lookout for Stolen laptops

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Thu Mar 11 10:21:01 PST 2004

Today's BIOS now allows a password protection option. If implemented,
this will prevent anyone from re-installing or even using your computer.
However, I am sure most know how to bypass this by draining your CMOS
battery. Of course, you could supposedly install a little GPS in your
laptop and if the BIOS login fails xx times it will send a signal to
give its location. Or something like that.

But a more effective way is to give our police more equitable pay, as
well as more budget for ice education/rehabilitation. Of course, using
our prescious police resources to SWAT a 76-old lady who unknowingly
uses a $10 counterfeit bill does not help the situation.

R. Scott Belford ??: