[LUAU] Wireless Linux Error

Alex Boatwright drdelambre at programmer.net
Tue Jul 6 09:56:23 PDT 2004

hey all,
I just got a new laptop and have been trying to get the wireless up and running in linux... good fun. The computer uses some no-name-brand of wireless pci card [creatix CTX714] based on some version of the prism chipset. I got the drivers working by using ndiswrapper to use the windows drivers that came with the box, and everything from iwconfig to the little bar I added on my desktop recognizes it. But there's one problem that prevents me from connecting to anything... whenever I try to bring up the interface through ifconfig eth0 up, it gives me the error::
SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such file or directory
I tried researching this thing but have no idea what it is and what file it's referencing too... I tried reloading all my modules, kernels 2.4.22-2.6.7 (no joke, all of them), 3 different distributions, and nothing changes that message. Any ideas?

-Alex