[LUAU] Laserjet 1000 help -- mechanical, not OSS

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Thu Jul 1 12:00:37 PDT 2004

Repairing lasers is kinda like taking apart a spring wound clock and putting
it back together again....if you're methodical you can do it...but the odds
are against you. The "simple" fixes that should be in the realm of reality
for anyone failry handy would be:

- changing the fuser assembly
- changing the charge wire
- adding ram
- swapping motherboard

after that the amount of disassembly goes WAY up....and the newer lasers are
progressively harder to fix. The old LaserJet II/III/4 are pretty easy,
after that good luck.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab