[luau] KDE vs. GNOME

hattenator at imapmail.org hattenator at imapmail.org
Sat Jan 3 17:11:01 PST 2004

I take it you have xinerama turned on, though?  I have two separate
graphics cards, but all I did was turn xinerama on in gdm and it works
fine in both gnome and kde.  It is surprising that gnome nor kde would
have anything to do with it.  All drivers are handled by X, and the
+xinerama gets sent directly to X.  So gnome and kde should have nothing
to do with it.  Bugs in kde and gnome are likely to have less powerful
effects, such as spanning a single window across both screens that
doesn't make sense, or not allowing you to drag certain windows across
certain directions.  But almost all of those bugs were solved several
versions ago.  Explain what you've done, what goes wrong, and possibly
send your /var/log/X*0.log and /etc/X11/XF86Config.

-Eric Hattemer

  hattenator at imapmail.org

                          wherever you are