[luau] KDE vs. GNOME

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Fri Jan 2 10:01:01 PST 2004

Thanx for the input.  Xinerama is an x display option which allows you
to span your screen cross multiple monitors.  For example, without
turning xinerama on, the twinhead configuration (implemented in
/etc/X11/XFConfig) will show two separate screens, each being physically
confined within a monitor and  no drag and drop between them.  Adding
the xinerama option in the gdm.conf file will allow the log-in screen to
span over two monitors; it does not help the twinhead (i.e., dual
monitor) problem in KDE/FC.

When PCLinuxOS (a modified MDK 9.2 with, among other things, the nVidia
driver already configured) becomes finalized, I am going to do a PCLO/FC
dual boot and see whether this problem is present in other distros.  wayne