[luau] Re: Printing on FreeBSD

Derrick waltond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 14:36:01 PST 2004

Aloha!

I don't know if they still issue them, but they were issuing free repair
kits for that exact trouble issue on the HP 1100's.  I will try to dig
up the URL and post it here to order the kit.

I had two 1100's with the same problem.  The kits didn't require taking
the printer apart and only took about 2 minutes to install.  I installed
the kits on my printers about a year ago and they have been working
flawlessly since.  I still have one printer and I gave the other one
away.

I would try that route first before going and chucking 70 or 100 bones
for a new printer.

Derrick

--
Worry about my data?  NEVER!!!  I USE LINUX!!!