[luau] Printing on FreeBSD

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue Feb 17 15:52:01 PST 2004

Are you planning on using CUPS?  Any printers that support Postscript
(like HP LaserJets do) are best or at least PCL (HP again).  Put a
jetdirect card on there and you can print all different ways and from any
device.

I would never recommend anything inkjet unless you can abstract it with
something like jetdirect (officejets usually can for some extra $$) with
is natively supported by cups (or ncftpput even!).  Inkjets are junk
anyway.

Tom

Hi Gurus....

I need the name of a cheap printer that works under FreeBSD.
B&W or Color.
I Had a HP Laserjet running Linux, but I want to convert since the
printer has some paper feed issues.