[luau] Printing on FreeBSD

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Tue Feb 17 18:30:02 PST 2004

Hi Jon,

The feed is screwed up. There is a known issue with HP laserjet 1100. I
see it on their website. Several sheets are fed at once. The paper
holder is vertical and the lifter wears and eventually picks up several
sheets or even cards at a time.

This is driving me nuts. The printer is a 1999 model and has been well
used.

I am looking at a HP 5650 Parallel  port installed printer. A desk jet.
For $89.00.
I think it will work on FreeBSD.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.9 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4
We support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043

Hey Al,

Thats a shame. If it is a known issue maybe they would repair it, probably
not though. I had a similiar problem with an old HP and the frustration
level was beyond my ability to cope. That printer made it to the trash in
many, many pieces. ;)

Jon