[LUAU] Open Source Day

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Thu Aug 19 13:13:54 PDT 2004

We have a new member in our group, Eli, who came here a few years ago
from Columbia (the country)  His passions for Linux have been fueled,
and it's no surprise when you look at his brother's website

http://fundehumano.org/

dig the Sombrero

Being a man of action, Eli has suggested that we have a LUAU/HOSEF
gathering to celebrate OSS day and invite Ed Orcutt and Warren Togami to
pay thanks for the contribution to LUAU

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

and it is a great idea.

We are planning to organize a day of events, and the centerpiece will be
the showing of Revolution OS.  Don Mangiarelli has ordered it and will
be clearing the way for HOSEF to show it to an audience, legally.

The question is, if we do it, who will come?  We need to reserve the
appropriately sized room.

What suggestions do you have for events to celebrate the day?  One
location, all day, including showing the movie?  Separate events, ie
breakfast someplace, movie at UH, picnic/barbeque?

--scott