[LUAU] LUAU is your LUG

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Tue Aug 17 02:10:59 PDT 2004

Angela Kahealani wrote:

>>>So, is LUAU multi-island, or just O'ahu?
>>
>>I'm considered a member of LUAU (or so I've been told) and I'm in
>>Indiana...
>

> I guess my question is really, more on the order of,
> not can I be a member of LUAU, but can there be a branch of LUAU
> on Kaua'i? i.e.: different LUGs per island, or one "LUG" with
> island specific branches?

I don't think that the question ever came up.  Most LUG's center around
a mailing list, and that is LUAU.  It would be great if you used the
LUAU mailing list and the HOSEF website, with calendar, to schedule and
promote group activities with other Linux users on Kauai.  You could
call your events the Kauai Luau, you could start a Kauai LUG, you could
be the Kauai branch office of HOSEF.

The bottom line is that it would probably make the most sense, in terms
of pooling our collective talents, to use just one mailing list.  The
LUAU and HOSEF resources are there for you to use in promoting OSS on
Kauai.  Our mission of promoting OSS in Hawaii does not begin and end on
Oahu.  We need people like yourself to help us to understand how best to
be of value to Kauai.

--scott