[luau] locate apt and synaptic after rpm -i?

tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us
Fri Sep 26 14:05:00 PDT 2003

Or even simpler:

rpmquery synaptic

If your not sure what it's called exactly use grep on the whole list:

rpmquery -a|grep -i syn

This will take a few seconds depending on speed.  (-i means
case-insensative)

Not only is locate updated once per day (4 AM by default) but also
/var/log/rpmpkgs.    This log is like an rpmquery -a except it's sorted,
has the .rpm extension and the archatecture (ie: i386, athlon):

grep -i syn /var/log/rpmpkgs

Aloha,

Tom

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu