[luau] what to restart to get networking running?

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 9 06:37:00 PDT 2003

I've got a really bare bones system with an ethernet card that I had to
build the drivers for.  I'm building the drivers as a module.  After
booting up, I use "insmod thedriver.o", and it seems to install ok, but
then I still can't ping out or in.  I can't think of what I'm doing
wrong, there's probably something that I'm forgetting to restart, but I
just can't remember.  I use lsmod, and the thedriver is listed, but
listed as being unused.  Advice?

Thanks,

-Charles