[luau] Start process on server, I'm sure it can be done!

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Thu Nov 20 18:14:01 PST 2003

> Hi,
> I was hoping that you could shed a little more light on why initd has
> problems with some scripts. I remember a while back trying to get a
> non-daemon service started during system initialization and the service
> started but wouldn't go into the background and just disappeared. When I'd
> log in I'd have to manually start it.

I think you are talking about the run-level scripts call by initd  in
/etc/init.d/ (/etc/rc?.d/<[S||K]files> linked into this directory). I was
talking about the respawn funtion that used on initd, ie: getty.
'man inittab' will give you more info.  btw, I can't tell you why your service
didn't work since I don't have enough info on what it was or what is should
do.