[luau] kernel advice

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Fri Nov 14 23:59:01 PST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Charles Lockhart wrote:
>Undoubtedly it's my own ignorance causing me problems, so I was
>wondering where I could look to understand the system they use.  Is
>their a how-to or something like it available?  I've read some
>documentation about making rpms, but it didn't fill in enough of the
>blanks to get a good picture.

I ran into similar problems.  But I believe the code found in the kernel
source packages was used to build the kernel image in the distribution.
You should be able to regenerate the patch by diff'ing this tree with the
virgin tree.  At least this is how Debian does it.  Of course, Debian also
distributes patch packages.  I was never able to find patch packages in
Redhat.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org