[luau] HOSEF Workshop

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Mon May 26 08:27:00 PDT 2003

Tonight we will have our bi-weekly Workshop at the Stadium Marketplace
Pricebusters.  Directions and an overview are here:

http://www.hosef.org/volunteer.html

Don't be afraid of this.  I am not a geek and I will not overwhelm you
with useless and incomprehensible knowledge.  I'll do my best to make
Linux sexy and compelling.  These workshops exist to do anything Linux
related.  We have had "newbies" come in to see what the GUI looked like,
we have had people come in to learn how to install Linux, and we do
general things like configuring services such as Samba.

With Mandrake, RedHat, Gentoo, Debian, Suse, and Win2K boxes in our lab,
we have the ability to show you alot.  See how linux looks on the
desktop.  It is hands on, casual, you can come and go when you want, and
*you* are invited.

When you come in the front door, just tell the cashier that you have
come to see Scott for the "computer thing."  They will point you to
where I am.

scott