[luau] Earthlink vs RoadRunner cable

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat May 24 11:41:00 PDT 2003

Does anyone have Earthlink cable internet from Oceanic instead of
RoadRunner?  How has your service been?

I ask because my friend is looking at either RoadRunner or Earthlink
cable service.  While both are available from Oceanic, is Earthlink
service of comparable quality?

One of my other friends has AOL cable modem from Oceanic and it seems to
be absolutely terrible.  It appears to route all traffic through some
mainland location before hitting the Internet, so he has terrible 1000+
ms latency to videl.ics.hawaii.edu and other Hawaii sites.  Does
Earthlink cable from Oceanic have this same problem?

Is local customer service for Earthlink cable any different from Oceanic
RoadRunner?

Is connecting with Windows and Linux the same with Earthlink, with
simple DHCP?

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com