[luau] Installing Linux on a disk on a ata/100 pci card

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun May 4 19:11:02 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 17:22, Julio C. Gutierrez wrote:
> I was successful installing WIN2K on that drive, but I need to also
> install linux on a secondary partition. I've tried RH, Mandrake and
> Slack with no success all of them go crazy and I get kernel panic when I
> try to tell linux which drive to use.
>
> Any ideas?
> BTW. I'm using the Promise ATA/100 adapter from Maxtor..

I have used several Promise ATA/100 cards with success.  Videl has one
of those exact cards in order to control the 120GB hard drive used by
the FTP mirror.

Are you sure you aren't using it in RAID mode?  RAID mode is largely
unsupported with those low-end IDE controllers, but single IDE disks
should work great in Linux.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com