[luau] State of Texas

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Mar 31 02:19:01 PST 2003

>If you want to use OSS from the start, you can use python and
>wxWindows and keep some of the modules you write when porting to
>Plone.

I definately agree that code reuse is the way to go.

One other option (other than wxWindows) is PyGTK/libglade.  It won't
have the exact same look and feel as most windows programs (because it
doesn't use native controls), but you get to build your GUI in Glade
which is a pretty easy to use gui builder and with that you get the
advantage of more natural separation between core program logic and user
interface code.  I think wxWindows may have a gui builder, too, but I
think it may be worth the effort to check both out.

Btw, with either option you get portability to Linux for free.

--Ray