[luau] State of Texas

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Sun Mar 30 18:10:00 PST 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 01:19:26AM -1000, ronal wrote:
> I am in the process of building a Plone site as part of a
> dedicated web application (the open source project) for an
> lawyer who has commisioned me to code a stand-a-lone app for
> Windows. Only drawback, got to get the Windows app done first,
> then I will have the freedom to pursue the open source project
> of the same.

If you want to use OSS from the start, you can use python and
wxWindows and keep some of the modules you write when porting to
Plone.

> Also at the same time I am working on Phase I of a web
> application for a group of independent business agents. This
> too is a work in progress (PHP+MySQL) and will eventually
> involve Plone and LAMP.

With this project, if you are already using PHP/MySQL, why the
transition to Plone? Unless there is strong desire to have
everything written in python, I am unsure of the motivation of
porting your application to Plone.

Regards,
-Vince