[luau] comparison of Linux Vendor patches to Apache

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Fri Mar 7 10:05:01 PST 2003

http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/03-03-06

The current Apacheweek has an interesting comparison of how
several Linux vendors patch and distribute Apache.

Here is an excerpt:

    "There are hundreds of distributions and hundreds of
    vendors so in order to make this manageable we started
    out by looking at just Linux vendors that have publicised
    security updates for Apache in the last few months to
    the bugtraq mailing list. Where a vendor has multiple
    versions of products we tried to look at the most recent
    version of Apache 1.3 (since most vendors do not yet ship
    Apache 2).

    Our survey consisted of Connectiva, Debian, EnGarde,
    Gentoo, Mandrake, OpenPKG, Red Hat, SCO, SuSE, and
    Trustix."

-Vince