[luau] State of Texas

ronal ronal at linuxnetworks.org
Sun Mar 30 17:28:22 PST 2003

Great work John and Staff,

Classified as "old-timer" on the LUAU list, quietly conducting my own campain
integrating, and training new minds on the benefits of open source software.

I saw your demo at the Plone site some time ago. Great job. Raynell Yee and
Minton Hee has kept my abreast of your departments activities since you guys
announced your intentions to finally choose an open source option to M$.

I also reposted some of your activites to the LUAU list some time ago too,
hoping they would get the message that the State is open minded...

I forwarded another email from a group in California that was in some form of
litigation with their City+County to give Open Source a chance in the bidding
wars.  I got flammed and was told that someting like that would never happen
in Hawaii...The litigation wasnt the point of the email, but that was lost in
the interpretation of responder!

I am in the process of building a Plone site as part of a dedicated web
application (the open source project) for an lawyer who has commisioned me to
code a stand-a-lone app for Windows.  Only drawback, got to get the Windows
app done first, then I will have the freedom to pursue the open source
project of the same.

Also at the same time I am working on Phase I of a web application for a group
of independent business agents. This too is a work in progress (PHP+MySQL)
and will eventually involve Plone and LAMP.

I have 3 servers up and waiting around town with options of more when I am
ready to go online.

I am a bit new to Zope and Plone but plan on diving in head first. If it is
not too much trouble, and I reach a brick wall, may I give you folks a call
or request some assistance via email?

Continue to do your best, and thank you of putting Hawaii on the map!