[luau] HOSEF logo suggestions

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Wed Mar 19 08:49:01 PST 2003

I really like the idea of tux in an aloha shirt. Maybe even on a surf board
with the board pointing from bottom right to upper left inside of a circle
with a blue ocean color under the board or even a small wave under the
board. That would give it some dimenson. Then around the ciricle put  HOSEF
spelled out in small letters to add detail and form. Maybe a second circle
with color inside to create a band or not. Good luck!

Michael

"Luis aka Rigpa" <rigpa108 at hotmail.com>@videl.ics.hawaii.edu on 03/18/2003
10:21:12 PM

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

Sent by:    luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

To:    luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
cc:

Subject:    Re: [luau] HOSEF logo suggestions

I like the idea of Tux with the mortar.  I'm not for the diploma thing
since
that entails 'certification'.  We are about education, leave the
certification thing to M$.  The options of aloha shirt or a branded/tatooed
serif 'H' on the chest of Tux would be cool.  All contained inside a circle
with 'Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation' on the perimiter would be
nice.

The logo would need to be simple so it will be understood when small and in
black and white.  Tux is moslt back and white to begin with, so we are half
way there.  ;)