[luau] Re: Dell Server for $466 before $100 mail in rebate

Ronald Willis ronal at aloha.com
Tue Mar 11 15:46:01 PST 2003

I ordered one for a client of mine. It is important to mention that the
Dell folks are a bit rigid about their sales ads.

But of course buyer beware...make sure you are getting a real value for
your under $500 server;

Ask about the processor...celeron or pent.

Ask about the motherboard buss speed, will you truely experience 533 mhz
with the cheaper microprocessor?

And of course make sure the rebates are not based on your agreement to
purchase the 3 year extended service plan...

It all adds up. But after all of the bitchin and demanding a call from
someone who spoke "specs" instead of "lets make a deal dude," we went
ahead and purchased it. Yes we got a deal, well, almost. It is due to
arrive after an 8 day build up at the factory....hmmm wonder what that
means?

It will arrive next week.

Ron

Oh forgot to mention, my client who made all of the final decisons, is
paying just a bit over $500. No cdrw, no OS, extra ram, pent 4
processor...and dont for get shipping!