[luau] Linux Class at McKinley

Karen Lofstrom lofstrom at lava.net
Mon Jun 16 14:57:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Matthew John Darnell wrote:

> It might not be too late, I think they had 5 people paid, only needed 2
> more.  I wouldn't pay now unless the class was guaranteed.  I was told I
> would receive a refund "in a few weeks".

Ah, I understand that the final problem was not paying students, but
getting a teacher. A teacher had been arranged, then arrangements fell
through.

I think the final outcome is going to be one of our own teaching a Samba
class in return for donations to HOSEF, but I don't think I'm the one with
the authority to say any more than that.

It is clear that there are many of us who want to learn Samba in
class, as opposed to the gung-ho experimental method favored by others :)

Not that I don't have the greatest possible admiration for the people who
can figure it out for themselves. I just know I appreciate a little
hand-holding.

--
Karen Lofstrom