[luau] Liholiho TODO list

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Jul 17 00:38:01 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 00:04, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 02:50 PM, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > I spent about 3 hours at Liholiho.  Here is a short TODO list.
> >
> > 1. Multihomed netatalk routing errors. (???)
>
> Are we sure?
>
> > 2. LTSP server needs to show up in Chooser. (???)
>
> See directions below.  For OSX, one can go/connect to server and enter
> afp://<ipaddyofserver> and whatever shares have been defined will be
> available.

Completely sure.  Okay here's the situation: Normally you don't need to
configure anything within the netatalk package and it *just works* with
your normal PAM accounts... except when you have a multihomed server and
thus need multiple AFP net-ranges & other parameters to be defined on
each interface.

Please do not oversimplify the problem and assume it was due to my
ignorance.

> > 3. MacOS 9 and X: Simple shortcut to server, ask for username &
> > password,
> > show available shares after login. (???
>
> OSX
>
> http://www.evergreen.edu/support/how_to/mac_help/macmaposx/
> home.htm#logingroup
>
> OS9
>
> http://www.evergreen.edu/support/how_to/mac_help/macmap/macmap.htm
>
> (thanks to Evergreen State College for these great how-to's, I used to
> really want to go there)

Thanks for the links, however we already knew this much.  We need a way
for the user to skip initial steps, instead going directly to the login
window, subsequently given a choice of shares which that user is
allowed.

Warren