[luau] Liholiho TODO list

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Thu Jul 17 00:02:01 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 02:50 PM, Warren Togami wrote:

> I spent about 3 hours at Liholiho.  Here is a short TODO list.
>
> 1. Multihomed netatalk routing errors. (???)

Are we sure?

> 2. LTSP server needs to show up in Chooser. (???)

See directions below.  For OSX, one can go/connect to server and enter
afp://<ipaddyofserver> and whatever shares have been defined will be
available.

> 3. MacOS 9 and X: Simple shortcut to server, ask for username &
> password,
> show available shares after login. (???

OSX

http://www.evergreen.edu/support/how_to/mac_help/macmaposx/
home.htm#logingroup

OS9

http://www.evergreen.edu/support/how_to/mac_help/macmap/macmap.htm

(thanks to Evergreen State College for these great how-to's, I used to
really want to go there)

> 4. User template for default preferences. (hard)

Isn't this already defined with the k12ltsp?

> 5. Student and teacher accounts (medium)

Has Peter decided on a naming/password strategy?

> 6. Windows logins (easy)
>
> Hardware Issues
> ---------------
> 1. Some monitors have this weird static thing when any graphics moves
> on
> the screen.  It seems that the monitor is failing.  We should test them
> all extensively sometime later and replace.

I am doubtful of failure.  No problem to replace them if they are.
Keep in mind how *close* each monitor is to the next.  Side by side,
literally, can be magnetically challenging.

> 2. We should try to get all IMPS/2 wheel mice so we can set the global
> default mouse protocol to IMPS/2 rather than PS/2.  This will enable
> the
> mouse wheel.

What he was given is what we have.  We should try to get him wheel
mice, but someone will have to donate or buy them.

> Remote Logins
> Windows
> http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/
> Mac