[luau] Powering Off a Linux Machine

Mike Sonstegard mikesonstegard at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 12 14:33:01 PDT 2003

Just fer the heck of it...why do you turn off your machine????

It seems to me that with all the power saving modes on newer computers
it is no longer necessary, or to any advantage to shut the unit down.
Even when you shut down an ATX box, it's not really shut down unless you
pull the plug or throw the main power strip or outlet switch.....

Mike