[luau] Powering Off a Linux Machine

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Sat Jul 12 10:13:00 PDT 2003

Technologically speaking, of course, this something even lesser than
triviality.  But the key point is, I can show this to a Windows user,
and tell him/her that: I can shut down a Linux machine by
double-clicking an icon, can you do that in Windows?

(Typically you turn off your machine when you are ready to leave.  In
order to beat the traffic--has anyone ever had to drive through H1
during rush hours? every second counts.)