[luau] Opinions on how big should linux partitions be (Newbie Question)

demon_jr808 demon_jr808 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 02:19:00 PST 2003

Hi Everyone,

Newbie question:

I'm trying to determine how big my linux partitions should be. I have around 2GB to work with and 128MB ram.

I think I am going to go with the setup recommended in the documentation I have. A different partition for root, home, etc.

So, how should I determine what size to make each partition?

Should all the partitions be relatively the same size or would it be more effecient if some partitions are smaller than others, such as root?

I am guessing that the partition that will be storing the most data should be made the biggest, but I am wondering if there are better suggestions out there.

Thanks!

---