[luau] More Details of Mililani's Setup

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jan 29 21:15:01 PST 2003

Jimen Ching wrote:

>>165.248.105.0   255.255.255.192
>>192.168.128.0   255.255.255.0 # SUNRAY ADD - DO NOT MODIFY
>>192.168.129.0   255.255.255.0 # SUNRAY ADD - DO NOT MODIFY
>>
>>Can't ping anything.
>

> Are you pinging with the IP numbers or hostname?  I noticed your DNS is on
> a different subnet than your interface.  Can you ping the default route?
> This is the most important destination.  If you can get to this site, then
> it could be a router problem.  I also don't see the router in your arp
> table.
>
> --jc

IP numbers of course.  Cannot ping anything at all.  Sometimes a few
packets out of several thousand return, but that seems extremely rare.
Anything that would require hme0 to actually work doesn't, but strangely
   a few other addresses including the gateway show up in the arp table.

I think this is hardware failure unless somebody can point out a problem
in the configuration.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com