[luau] I crashed SUSE 6.2 playing Shishensho :)

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Tue Jan 21 14:15:00 PST 2003

Well, unfortunately linux does crash from time to time.  Its always been
designed and focused on the business-unix-server types of markets.
Linux will run on a big server with SCSI drives, 3com ethernet cards,
and VESA VGA video under heavy load for hundreds of days without a crash
or reboot.  But all the newer kernel modules to support the latest in
desktop home user peripherals aren't always tested so well.  All the
fancy new graphics drivers and openGL support and whatnot are a somewhat
new advance, and they are still working on those.   Nvidia cards are
notorious for having problems with either the builtin drivers or the
nvidia site drivers.  I've had good experiences with them, but other
people like to complain about them.  It could just be faulty hardware on
your computer, though.

-Eric Hattemer