[luau] Network Question in Redhat 5.2

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 13:15:00 PST 2003

Ray Strode wrote:

>> I'm trying to setup my network on Redhat 5.2. My NIC is a PCI Ethernet
>> D-Link DFE-530TX. It seems as if my NIC is not being recognized by
>> Linux. People recommended I use the "tulip" module.
>

> That particular card uses the via-rhine module I believe.

Yes, or sometimes "dmfe" (Davicom).

BTW, there's a page in the wiki with this kind of stuff on it, though the
listing of what cards go with what drivers is always in need of updates.

--MonMotha

--
Optimist: The glass is half full.                      | PGP Key: 0x1B0390E0
Pessimist: The glass is half empty.                    | Outgoing mail signed