[luau] setup and config question

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Sun Feb 23 15:39:01 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 02:49:40PM -1000, Charles Lockhart wrote:
> Ok, I just built a new system that uses a Asus P4S8X motherboard.

> I kind of expected this would happen, as I get kind of wierd
> results combining Linux and motherboards that integrate a
> lot of functionality. Wierd in that they usually don't work.

What kind of network device is it? You say it is onboard, but not
the make of the controller. The ASUS web site did not make it
obvious.

For home use, I used to keep a few SMC cards because of that.
Every free OS I have tried supports them. I actually like the
Intel EEPro cards more, but they cost 3 times as much.

-Vince