[luau] setup and config question

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Sun Feb 23 14:47:01 PST 2003

Ok, I just built a new system that uses a Asus P4S8X motherboard.  I set
it up to dual boot Windows and Linux.  The Windows side works fine, but on
the Linux side I'm having problems gettign networking to, uh, work.

I loaded Redhat8.0 onto it.  The install seemed to go fine, I don't
remember anything out of the ususal.  But then in reboot, it hangs setting
put the networking.

I kind of expected this would happen, as I get kind of wierd results
combining Linux and motherboards that integrate a lot of functionality.
Wierd in that they usually don't work.  Anyway, now I'm trying to go
through the oh-so-exciting process of trying to get networking running.
The problem is, I've always had really good luck installing Linux on
pretty much every system, so I'm a bit stumped in regards to the things
that I ought to try?

Recommendations please?  What should I try?

Thanks,

-Charles