[luau] Re: Marty Plotnik and Stan Bautista

Stan Baptista sbaptista at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 20:30:00 PST 2003

Hi Don et al,

re: The highest cost is in salaries which ironically
everyone says is so low. I think that we have seen in
the past few years a leveling out of slaries
except for certain companies...

I honestly don't think that is true.  Since coming to
Hawaii, I've applied to many different companies in
different types of businesses.  _Invariably_, the very
first thing they tell me is that they will not pay me
the same salary here as the Boston area.

The reason I jumped on this thread was because I was
hoping to find some "sound" economic reason (other
than "because we can") why costs are so high yet
salaries are so low.  My experience has been that COL
and salaries tend to go hand in hand either up or
down.  As an example of the other extreme, Florida
salaries tend to be lower than Boston, Silicon Valley,
etc. BUT so is the COL.

=====
Stan Baptista - sbaptista at yahoo.com
Webawocky Website Designs