[luau] Redhat 8 Slow on my P2-300 MHZ 128MB Ram Laptop

xxd xxd at lotek.no-ip.org
Thu Feb 20 19:11:01 PST 2003

	You need to switch window managers... check out http://freshmeat.net for a list of good ones. ( I like blackbox myself. )   Gnome or KDE must be appauling at 300 MHZ.  ;(

> 2. Any other suggestions as to why Redhat 8.0 is running slow on my laptop
> and what steps I can take to improve performace?

	300 MHZ is quite slow for software nowadays... I know of several people who run RH 6.2 on older laptops with good speed reports...
Maybe not an option, another option would be looking into a more "bare-bones" distro such as crux/gentoo/ maybe even freebsd?

--
________  ___ ________   Lo Tek Sym Designs
    )_  \_//_/  _(       Email: xxd at lotek.no-ip.org
          ))             Scott Scheurman