[luau] Friday night IRC meeting, Linux for Hawaii schools

Frank frank at yuser.sux2beu.ml.org
Fri Feb 14 08:01:00 PST 2003

> I have to make sure that I do not
> lose my support. I believe there are other organizations who would like this
> information so that they can request support or try and undermine what I
> have worked so hard to do over the last eight months. Those who do a poor
> representation of Opensource and give us a black eye as per a response from
> the DOE. I would like to build a bridge, when the time is right, with those
> who aren't renegades and burn bridges. You have someone in your group who
> has made a comment to the DOE and they know this person is part of LUAU.
> Its sad because there are some good people in the group.

Dan, this is strictly my opinion here.  I truely believe the goal should
be getting open source and recycled computers into the hands that need them.
I have never met you in the past so the only thing I have to go on is your
recent emails which appear to indicate a very strong personal issue you
have with something or someone.  You talk about
the importance of not burning bridges, inside connections, and professionalism  but you
seem to be portraying the exact opposite in your emails.  Am I the only
one confused by these mixed signals?   The volunteer work people in HOSEF
have done with such limited resources is amazing.  Anyone who discounts
this either has a different agenda or has an extreme prejudice or stereotype
based on a past experience beyond the other HOSEF members control and is
exploiting that for personal gain.
None of these is best for those who should benefit from projects of
this nature and it is not fair to those that have a true desire to
provide unselfish help.  I am sorry I feel that way but I truely
can not assume anything else at this time.