[luau] Friday night IRC meeting, Linux for Hawaii schools

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Thu Feb 13 07:20:01 PST 2003

On Saturday 08 February 2003 09:34 am, Tom Donahoe wrote:
> Hi all
>     As one who lurks on this list, and is an avid supporter of the project,
> let me share a resource that may help us find schools for the project. I
> had a conversation yesterday with one of the buildings' personnel at
> Mid-Pacific Institute. It turns out that his wife works for the
> Superintendent of the Windward district. (This would include schools from
> Waimanalo to Kaaawa, exactly the type of clientele the HOSEF project is
> trying to reach.) He wanted to know who to contact. For now, I've asked him
> to contact Mark Hines at Mid-Pacific Institute, since Mark seems to run
> into Warren more often than I do. For future reference, is there a
> number/contact for HOSEF that can be used for the wider community to use?
> This could help. Also, another thing might be to get past clientele to pass
> the word to other schools if they find the lab and service provided by
> HOSEF helpful (which of course they will). Hope this helps. Glad to know
> the project is going so
> swimmingly. :-)
>     Take care all. You are fighting the good fight.

Thanks for the input and insight, Tom.  Hosef.org is a good place to start.
It lists our PO Box, phone number, and provides an overview of what we are
doing.  Our 501(c)(3) exemption has been approved, so we are a tax-free
chartible non-profit chartered in the State of Hawaii.  Please direct
anyone's attention to the website.  They can call the number and leave a
message.  I can forward the information to Warren or the other board members
as needed.

scott