[luau] Earthlink or Roadrunner? -- static IP addresses?

bwbees0 at charter.net bwbees0 at charter.net
Wed Dec 24 13:03:00 PST 2003

Aloha,

      I too noticed the "fixed" IP address phenomenon when
I used RR.  I haven't used my new ISP here long enough to
tell if it works the same as RR did but... It occurs to me
that if you leave a router/firewall up 24/7, then the DHCP
client will continue to renew the IP address that was
originally issued.  My personal experience is that I never
got a different IP address unless my box was off line long
enough for the lease to expire and have that IP address
reissued to another client.  So my IP address stayed
relatively fixed, but I wouldn't call it a staic IP.

Mele Kalikimaka,

Ben