[luau] Need a Help for Samba

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa humu2nuku2apuaa at eml.cc
Thu Dec 4 14:21:59 PST 2003

Thank you very much for your advice.

I had never realized that the browsing mechanism on Windows is so much
complicated until I read the manual and research at this time.

Anyway, finally, I could solve the problem.
I noticed that problem always happens when my Linux is Master browser.
So, I set “preferred master = no”, and it works fine now.

I think Windows’s browsing system is not stable, so I decided to let
client to access Linux server directly by TCP/IP.

I created shortcut to \\foo.mydomain.com on each client machine’s desktop.
Now, users can access the Samba sever directly.

I do not know if this is a good solution or not, but it seems working ok.

Glen