[luau] videl.ics.hawaii.edu disk failure - Your Help Needed

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Dec 4 11:46:01 PST 2003

R.Scott Belford wrote:

> This was my motivation in buying a larger drive.  If installed now, it
> solves redundancy issues but is not a true permanent solution.  Software
> raid with different sized drives has a few more steps, I guess, with
> formatting, but this is not a big deal, is it?  With time, though,
> enough money will be gathered to buy a matching larger drive ($177), and
> hopefully more.
> When that time comes we can move to faster drives as Vince has
> suggested.   The 160gb drive had a great price point, and it really
> isn't that bad, is it?

It is this kind of attitude and your lack of sound technical knowledge
from which you make hard-headed assumptions that really angers me.  This
makes me question if I really want to continue contributing to this group.

Granted I make a lot of stubborn decisions too, but I believe I have the
technical correctness to back it up, so I am correct at least 95% of the
time.

It is inherently problematic that we continue to attack each other
personally like this.  Let us meet in person for lunch after finals and
try to work this out once and for all.

Warren