[luau] videl.ics.hawaii.edu disk failure - Your Help Needed

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Thu Dec 4 12:50:01 PST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 11:45:48AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> R.Scott Belford wrote:
> >With time, though, enough money will be gathered to buy
> >a matching larger drive ($177), and hopefully more. When
> >that time comes we can move to faster drives as Vince has
> >suggested. The 160gb drive had a great price point, and it
> >really isn't that bad, is it?
>
> Granted I make a lot of stubborn decisions too, but I believe I
> have the technical correctness to back it up, so I am correct
> at least 95% of the time.

But you forget to compromise on that remaining 5%.

Instead of looking at it like Scott bought the "wrong" drive,
think if it as him helping out with the alternative that I
suggested.

Now, another donor has the choice of purchasing a 60GB _or_ a
160GB drive. Either way, videl gets a paired root disk and a lot
more diskspace.

-Vince