[luau] Free to a good home

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Sun Aug 31 11:50:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 09:13, Duane wrote:
> I have several big items I need to clear out of my garage.  I want to
> give HOSEF first crack at it, then it's whoever wants it gets it.
>
> 2 large (very large) Deltec UPS (Model 2026C-1).  These two are on
> rollers.

Wow.  I guess that we would love the chance to receive these, but we
would have to turn around and try to sell them for funds.  I don't think
that there is a school or charity that we could give them to, though.
Perhaps someone else on the list would have an idea.  On rollers?  How
big and heavy does it make them?

> 5 rack-mounted  Deltec UPS.

Brian Chee could best address this.  UH accommadates our website and
traffic.  Perhaps we could give them one of these as a token of our
gratitude.  These could probably be given away to a school or somewhere
within the DOE that has a rack.

> 7 new Compaq 325W power supplies (Model PS-7331-1C)  I've seen the same
> power supplies in Compaq Alpha servers.

Do they have the standard ATX power plugs, or is it something more
proprietary?  We could always put power supplies to use.

> I have not been able to test the UPS because I don't have an outlet for
> it.  I had also received 9 small desktop UPS and all worked but one
> (the battery wouldn't hold a charge) so I am pretty sure they are in
> working order.  Anyone that has ever mixed a wife and too much computer
> gear will understand why I need to get rid of them.  I can even deliver
> them if needed.

I mix a wife and computer equipment, and the computer equipment always
loses.  Thanks to Beth Tom and Pricebusters, HOSEF lets us geeks have a
home away from home. :-)

--scott