[luau] Linux in Hawaiian Industry

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Aug 25 16:08:00 PDT 2003

Welcome and so forth.  I'm not currently in Hawaii, and am probably not
comming back (at least not very often), so I may be kind of biased.  But
if you can change your move to Oahu rather than Maui, you'd probably do
a lot better.  Maui and "commercial industry" don't seem compatible in
my mind.  Anyway, even Oahu isn't for me...  But it does have an IBM,
and IBM is pretty into linux nowadays.  I doubt they're hiring, though.
There's a lot of people on this list who do something with linux,
although not all in a professional capacity.  Wayne does some linux work
in law (along with law work), Ho'ala does his own business with
contracting and such, Warren has some projects and works with
mic-pacific institute (high-school) sometimes.  Mainly I hear about
volunteer projects like Hosef and the McKinley sessions.

-Eric Hattemer