[luau] Redhat 9.0 and video woes

Matthew John Darnell mdarnell at servpac.com
Mon Apr 28 15:59:02 PDT 2003

> I am running RH 9.0 (fresh install) on my Toshiba Satellite 1415 - S173
with
> Invidia GeForce 420 Go graphics controller. RH 8.0 Ran fine with this
setup.
> Whenever the screen blanks and I wake up the laptop the creen in divided
> into 2 sections Horizontally. The tool bar that resides on the bottom of
the
> screen is in the middle of the screen. I have disabled Power Management
and
> the screen saver to no avail The problem is alleviated when I log out of X
> and log back in. It really is rather irritating to have to keep doing
this.
> Especially when working on a document.

I have a machine here that won't start the 9.0 graphical setup.  8.0 works
fine as does Windoze 2000, trying Mandrake 9.1.  I guess RH 9.1 will fix
some video issues.

I wonder if they rushed 9.0 to keep on the same numbering generation as
Mandrake.  9.0 seemed to come out quickly after 8.0.  Didn't the 7.X go as
high as 7.2?

-Matt