[luau] New to the Area

stimmy stimmy at panax.com
Tue Apr 22 23:52:00 PDT 2003

V> Well I'm fairly new to Linux but I'm very eager to learn just about anything
V> that deals with Linux. I would be happy to learn something on the
V> programming side as well. Something like into to PHP or even Python would be
V> great or setting up Samba or Apache.

V> I'd be happy to go any intro course on Linux as well.

V> Virgil

I would have no problem helping someone come up with a presentation,
but I could never speak it myself. Sorry. I would write the entire
thing, if someone wanted to speak. =v)

Pretty much any topic that I have even a small amount of experience
with, I could write up in a presentable manner. Things from Perl,
perl.cgi, mysql, apache, sendmail, virtual pop accounts with cucipop,
php, samba, vi, to basic administration such as setting up a server to
virtually host web and mail domains. Network construction is also
something I enjoy, and have experience with.

How about basic functionality from a users or administrators
standpoint, such as setting up a dial up account, using mail / mutt /
pine, useful commands like ps, rm, mv, tail, more, less, grep, df, du,
etc. Regexps, and bash scripts. The list goes on.

Or how about desktop environments, gui-based applications, accelerated
X servers, windows program emulation, or gaming (counterstrike in
linux, anyone?).

James