Java Programming Meetings (was Re: [luau] New to the Area)

Don Brown mrdon at twdata.org
Tue Apr 22 22:55:01 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 10:01 pm, Warren Togami wrote:
<snip />
> Does anyone want to give a session on programming/development topics?
> Just offer it to the list and see who is interested.  I personally would
> like to give a session on RPM package development if people are
> interested.

While not strictly Linux related, I'm starting a Java meetup
(http://java.meetup.com) with the purpose of gathering Java developers or
those interested in Java to talk about their projects or topics that interest
them.  The idea is to be informally educational rather than simply social.
We had our first meeting tonite and the few people that showed up (most
couldn't attend due to short notice) demonstrated varied backgrounds from
purely academic to working at Sun, the beast itself :)

We will meet the third Monday of every month.  Anyone is welcome.  For more
information, sign up at http://java.meetup.com and/or subscribe to the hjug

Don