[luau] New to the Area

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Apr 22 22:02:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 21:33, Vince Hoang wrote:

> I suppose the message I am trying to get across is there have
> been a lot suggestions made in the past that have not made much
> progress. This was not because they were bad ideas, but simply
> because no one took charge to bring the thoughts to life.
>
> -Vince

Since year 2000 when I revived the Hawaii linux community from near
death I tried to guage around to see what kind of people were in our
community.  Unfortunately, it seems that there are relatively few people
interested in programming/development topics (or they are too busy to
attend).  This past year I've become very busy with my own development
project (http://www.fedora.us) I haven't tried to pursue holding more
advanced sessions.  Thankfully HOSEF picked up and became active around
that time.

Currently there is community demand for newbie/introduction and
especially server administration sessions.

I figure the best thing we can do for now is build the Linux and open
source mindshare through HOSEF and its community outreach projects.

Does anyone want to give a session on programming/development topics?
Just offer it to the list and see who is interested.  I personally would
like to give a session on RPM package development if people are
interested.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com