[luau] Linux Project for HNLC...?

Virgil virgil at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 07:02:01 PDT 2003

Hi Noli,

I'm not quite sure if I understood your question completely.

Are you looking for something that you can edit and publish webpages easily
on your windows computer and will show up on the web on a Linux server?  A
program that you might suite your needs is Plone. Check out:
http://www.plone.org

The Plone.org website does a poor job of explaining Plone.
But basically Plone is a content management system that can run on a Linux
Server and its Open Source. What you would be able to do with Plone is
modify sections of the website thru your browser on your Windows computer.
Then changes are made to that section (only) in Plone running on the server.
Plone is very powerful and its even good enough to be used for our governors
website. Check out this website: http://www.hawaii.gov/gov

The site is a good example of Plone and how the design is uniformed and
structured. If you want to be able to edit sections of your website or allow
others to do so without full knowledge of html, Plone is a good solution for
your needs.

Hope this helps.

Virgil