[luau] Administrivia: Reply-To header removed

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Sun Apr 13 18:13:00 PDT 2003

I think the second article makes much more sense.  There's only a few
mail programs in the world that support "reply to group" functionality.
I was looking at the archive on the internet and was impressed by how
threaded it was.  This will not continue if people have to go out of
their way to make new messages that go just to luau.  And reply to all
(which is what most people are going to start using) is going to bug
anyone that posted and doesn't want to go through the trouble to make
some fancy duplicate mail filter.  And yes, Warren, you are getting two
copies of this mail in protest.  The first message was written by
someone who strangely assumed the whole world uses mail programs
designed for mailing-lists, or would like to receive two copies of every
message.  I'm sure there's reply-to-group in elm and mutt and whatever,
but there is no such function in OE, outlook, netscape, eudora, and I'm
assuming AOL, which probably make up for 99% of American mail clients.
I'm using mozilla right now, which has no such function.  But if you do
decide to change it, please tell someone.  I'm sure a lot of people were
thrown off that the reply button they had always hit no longer functions
the way they expect.

-Eric Hattemer